Its Monday. Thankfully, the day is almost over. Hopefully you all aren’t as hungry as I am right now. But anyways, we have to prepare of minds and meals for tomorrow.
Yogurt for breakfast can get kind of boring. Trust me, I know, I eat it probably every day. Don’t be afraid to spice things up every once in awhile.
Tuesday’s Breakfast: ONE scrambled egg, ONE slice of toast, and ONE piece of bacon. Its all about portion control.
Tuesday’s Lunch: For lunch tomorrow, I’m having the rest of my spaghetti squash. If you want to try something different, you could have a salad. Just be mindful of the dressing you use. You can have all the veggies in the world on your plate and ruin it with a heavy dressing. I’ve moved away from the honey mustard and ranch life. So my current go to dressing is Italian. Some places have a creamy Italian if you’re transitioning from heavy dressings then this may be a good option.
Snack: For my snack, I cut up some strawberries, and I’m having those. They slightly cure my sweet tooth and they’re good for me.
Dinner: For dinner today, I’m making my zucchini noodle stir fry. Its a pasta dish minus the pasta. This is an easy and simple way to drastically cut carbs and add veggies into your diet. If you’re a pasta lover like me, its important that you find a healthy and delicious replacement. Here’s what you’ll need.
2-3 Zucchini’s (it depends on how much you want to make)
Soy Sauce (Low sodium)
Teriyaki Sauce (Low sodium)
Some type of protein (chicken, shrimp, steak…really its whatever you want)
Onion (real onions or the powder will do)
Vegetable spiralizer (Picture below)
- Cook your meat. Feel free to season your meat, but be careful with the seasoning salt since we’ll be adding soy sauce and teriyaki sauce. You don’t want it to be too high in sodium. That defeats the purpose of being a healthy foodie.
- Rinse your veggies then throw them (not including the zucchini) into a pan with a little bit of olive oil and let them cook. If they’re frozen let them cook until they are done (usually around 10-15 minutes or less). If they’re coming out of the fridge, then placing them in there for about 5 minutes will do.
- Go ahead and add your meat to the veggies (turn the stove down so your food doesn’t burn)
- Rinse your zucchini and cut off the ends
- With the spiralizer I have, I stick the zucchini inside of it and twist. The zucchini should come out looking similar to regular pasta noodles.
- After the zucchini looks like noodles, be sure to cut it up a little or else you’ll just have one long noodle and no one wants just one noodle.
- Add the zucchini to the pan with your other veggies and protein.
- Add the garlic, pepper, and onion (powder or real onions will due)
- Next, add the soy sauce. I add some then mix it in. Be sure not to add too much at one time, or else your food will get extremely salty.
- Lastly, add the teriyaki sauce (be careful with the teriyaki sauce as well). Add a little, stir it then try it and see if you’re satisfied.
- Let it cook on the stove on the medium or low setting for about 5 minutes.
I don’t have exact measurements for the teriyaki and soy sauce because the measurements would vary depending on how much you’re making and it also depends on your personal preference.
Dessert: Today for desert, I’m having a mango fruit bar. If you’ve read the previous post, its by the same people that make the frozen strawberry fruit bar, its just a different flavor.
If you have any recipes, comment and let me know! I’d love to try them and feature them on my blog. 🙂
Enjoy the rest of your day!