NEW RECIPE ALERT!
I LOVE Chinese and Japanese food. So when I had to give up rice, lets just say I had a big problem. I’ve been looking for alternatives for my addiction and I feel like I’m finally having a breakthrough. First, I tried the quinoa and it was okay, but it tasted funny. Cauliflower tastes like NOTHING, which means you can season it however you like. Which is great news for me.
Things you’ll need
Cauliflower Rice (you can either purchase it frozen or purchase a head of cauliflower and put it in a food processor)
Soy Sauce (Low sodium)
Teriyaki Sauce (Low sodium)
- Add garlic, sesame oil and shrimp in a pan and season with pepper. Cook until well done.
- Remove shrimp from the pan and place to the side until needed
- Cook sesame oil and left over garlic in the pan for around 1-2 minutes or until the oil is hot.
- Add cauliflower rice to the oil and allow to cook for around 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, shrimp, black pepper and ginger seasoning to the cauliflower rice already in the pan
- After its mixed, add a small amount of soy sauce (start out with a little, since this sauce is salty, if you add too much you’ll ruin it)
- After you add the soy sauce, add a little teriyaki sauce for flavor (again, don’t add much because if it gets too salty, you won’t want to eat it, lol)
- Stir on low heat for around 5 minutes
I use the recipe when I’m in the mood for Chinese food and since I can’t eat rice, the cauliflower rice is always a great substitute! Cauliflower is low in carbs and a great source of vitamin K, fiber, and many different antioxidants, which makes it a delicious and nutritious substitute. Cauliflower can be used to make so many things. You can use them for mashed potatoes, pizza crust, and as a mac and cheese substitute. Later on in the week, I’ll be making Cauliflower pizza and its delicious. Try out the recipe, and let me know what you think!