Have you even just looked up and BOOM you’re a whole year older? That’s what happened to me last Friday. I am now 25 years of age. Which is weird because I remember the time when I thought 25 was old…now here I am.
There are certain things that I’ve always considered myself not old enough or too young to do. But since I’m officially in my mid twenties this list is continuing to get shorter and shorter. Here is a quick list of a couple things that I am no longer too young to do.
- I am no longer too young to choose to go to bed at 8 pm. I can happily leave work, go to the gym, go home and shower and be in the bed by 8. Regardless of what others say, I will gladly tuck myself in and spend the rest of my night reading, writing, and most importantly sleeping.
- In my mind, it’s socially acceptable for me to consider marriage. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always known I wanted to get married and my Mom and I have talked about my wedding on more than one occasion. However, I feel like 25 is a decent age for me to actually consider getting married. What I mean is, I’ve always considered it something that I would do when I “got older” but I am older. I’m not saying that I’m going out to findahusband.com tomorrow and I’ll be married by next month. But it’s nice to think about.
- I am old enough to look at 18 year old kids in confusion. I officially have no idea what some of them are talking about. Especially when they’re doing crazy stuff like eating Tide pods. They don’t understand that Tide pods are not cheap.
- I can stop sneaking into the old folks club with my parents. Now I can just walk in there with or without them. Going out with my parents has always been a hilarious experience, especially when they attempt to dance. Its pure comedy.
- I can say “Back in my day” and not feel bad. The world moves fast so the way the world worked when I was a kid is 100% different than the way it works now. Some of these children are wild.
I’m ready for 25. I’m ready to start to live in my best days. I had somewhat of a mini breakdown because originally I thought I wasn’t where I was supposed to be. But with the way that my God works, I’m exactly where I am supposed to be. I’m thankful that God has allowed me to get this far and I’m excited to see where He is going to take me next. Every year is something different.